Bellephoron’s Bacon and Eggy Roll
A simple way to start the day.
- 2 Rashers Bacon I prefer to use the "eye" part of the rasher for this recipe, as it pulls back on the fat content.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices Bread Any type of roll or bread will do.
- Add the bacon to the cold pan and turn to medium heat
- Wait for the bacon to start cooking before flipping and ensuring even cooking coverage on the bacon
- Once desired bacon cookedness has been achieved, remove from pan.
- Add a small splash of olive oil ( Unnecessary if sufficient fat is left over from bacon) and crack eggs into pan.
- Leave egg to cook until it is possible to flip the egg. Flip the egg.
- Cook or microwave your roll/bread until desired fluffiness or toastiness is achieved.
- Construct your Bacon and Eggy roll, season.
Bellepheron, the great hero of Greek Mythology is most well known for being a slayer of monsters, famously killing the Chimera and attempting to fly to the top of Mt Olympus upon Pegasus to join the Gods. But what many do not know, was that Bellepheron was also famous for his simple breakfast recipe, his bacon and eggy sandwich roll. Packed with protein, eggs and bacon. He attributed his heroic deeds to the simple yet effective breakfast he consumed upon waking. VEGETARIAN OPTION Try a firm tofu scramble with some salt, paprika and pepper on the roll instead!